pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Monday, January 29, 2018

Series Recommendation: Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee!

One of my goals for 2018 is to blog more about books and other things I enjoy. I was absent for a good chunk of 2017 and have some fun ideas for posts going into this year. One of the things I want to start doing is to make recommendations a few times a month based on things I have read in the past and things I am currently enjoying. If you decide to pick up any of these recommendations, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Feel free to let me know what you think.

I kicked off 2018 with several really great books. Normally, I read about a book a week, maybe a little longer depending on my schedule and the length of the book. However, last week I read three books in five days, despite my full time job and social engagements. I had picked up the first book in a series I had heard about on YouTube a while ago because the eBook was on sale for a good price at Amazon. The book I picked up was called Angelfall by Susan Ee. After having it for several weeks, I found myself in a lull after finishing another great book (Wicked Charm by Amber Hart) and decided to pick it up.

I have never been sucked into a book so quickly in my life. I found myself not wanting to be parted with the book for a second, that is how hooked I was on this story and the characters. I love that it is essentially a mashup of paranormal creatures set with an apocalyptic back drop. There is also a dash of romance- though it is very light in the first novel and picks up with the second and third novel. One of the things I loved most about these novels is that while they are for a young adult audience, the author does not stray from delivering truly dark and twisted moments. Some of it is disturbing, but she wrote it in a way that those moments only hooked me farther because they are so few and far between in young adult literature.

I purchased the second and third novel the moment I finished the first book and was delighted that the entire trilogy was less than $4.00 together (granted, slightly more with tax). They were well worth it and I will definitely be picking up physical copies in the near future. (Only 4.99 for the first two books and $7.62 for the third!) As you can probably guess, all three books earned 5 stars from me.

I am sad that the author has not published many things since finishing the third book in 2015, but I am hoping to read more from her one day. Enough of my babbling though, check these books out for yourself!




It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.



In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.
When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.
Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.
Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.
When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

Interested in the series?

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/series/63495-penryn-the-end-of-days
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=penryn+and+the+end+of+days&sprefix=penryn+and+the%2Caps%2C170&crid=1Q4QK0080MIVI

No comments:

Post a Comment